Tastings are held throughout the day and include an engraved Boordy wineglass.
$8 Chesapeake Icon Tasting - includes an engraved Boordy wineglass with eight samples of the Chesapeake Icon Wines. Click here for descriptions of all Boordy wines.
$15 Landmark Tasting - includes eight samples focusing on Boordy's Landmark Series, with an emphasis on Reserve wines.
*On Event Days the winetastings may differ and fees may be included in the admission price. Click here to check our Events Schedule.*
WINERY & VINEYARD TOUR
Public tours are included with a wine tasting and are given at 3pm Mon-Fri. and at 2pm and 3:30pm Sat. & Sun. You may choose an $8 Icon Tasting or a $15 Landmark Tasting - see above. Groups of ten or more must give five days notice - contact Sally 410-592-5015, email@example.com.
PRIVATE WINETASTING & TOUR
You may schedule a private tour followed by a winetasting for up to 25 guests on Mon-Sat at 11am, 12pm and 1pm. An Icon Tasting is $15 per person and a Landmark Tasting is $25 per person.
Contact Sally Buck at 410-592-5015 or firstname.lastname@example.org
FAQs ABOUT VISITING
- NEW DECEMBER 3, 2016: Due to space limitations, only food purchased on the premises will be permitted inside the Boordy Barn and Tasting Room on weekends. Customers who wish to bring their own food are welcome to use our outside tables.
- Service Dogs are the only pets allowed
- Sporting equipment and ball games are not permitted on the grounds
- No alcohol other than Boordy wines
- Parents, please keep your children with you at all times. Be aware that Boordy Vineyards is a fully operating farm and it is critical for the safety of children that parents have control of them while indoors and outdoors. Boordy accepts no responsibility for accident or injury caused to children who are not properly monitored. We thank you for your cooperation.
- For an outdoor visit, you may bring lawn chairs, folding tables and one 10’x10’tent which can be pitched against the fenceline.
Winery & Vineyard Tour
When you visit Boordy Vineyards, the cupolas on the historic barns rise above the vines just as they appear on our Landmark wine labels. Set among the 19th century farm buildings is a large, handsome barn with massive stone walls that provides an ideal environment for the production and aging of our wines. Walking through the courtyard to the lower level of this barn you enter the Wineshop and Tasting Room where you will find a welcoming and knowledgeable staff.
Tours of Boordy begin in the vineyard to focus upon the culture of the grapevine, which is the foundation of the winemaker’s art. Seven varieties of grapes are cultivated in Boordy’s home vineyard: chardonnay, pinot gris, sauvignon blanc, cabernet franc, seyval blanc, vidal blanc, and chambourcin. As grapegrowing follows the seasons, so too will the tour: pruning in winter; early growth in the spring; leaf management in the summer; and harvest in the fall – each season playing a critical role in the quality of the finished wines.
When the tour moves into the winery, the focus will shift to the winemaking process. Behind the barn’s charming façade, one finds a production facility that blends the old with the new: shining steel tanks and processing equipment share space with racks of oak barrels. In a cave where port is aged, a miniature statue of wine’s patron, Saint Vincent, presides over the casks, suggesting that a bit of divine intervention is always welcome.
The best part of the tour takes place in the tasting room, where the whitewashed stone walls set off the gleaming bottles of wine. Visitors are encouraged to sample a range from our diverse offerings so they can expand their understanding and appreciation of wine. You can expect us to be a great resource, and we hope that you will learn something new every time you visit.